MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2014
Bautista-Agut Scores Upset In Madrid
by ATP Staff|
Roberto Bautista Agut made a strong statement on opening day at the Mutua Madrid Open. In an all-Spanish clash, the World No. 45 saved all three break points he faced against Tommy Robredo to upset the 16th seed 6-4, 6-4 in 87 minutes.
Another set of Spaniards squared off Sunday, with wild card Guillermo Garcia-Lopez notching a 6-2, 2-6, 6-2 victory over Pablo Andujar. Garcia-Lopez awaits the winner of a first-round battle between 10th seed Kei Nishikori or Ivan Dodig.
In doubles, Colombians Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah advanced to the second round with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Max Mirnyi and Mikhail Youzhny in 68 minutes. Elsewhere, Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot battled past Frenchmen Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-2, 4-6, 10-7.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: The Big Four Fight For Grass Glory
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Monaco and Isner Headline Clay Events
- Brain Game: Kei’s Game Plan Rattles Rafa
- Nadal Wins 27th Masters 1000 Title In Madrid
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Nadal Solidifies Lead; Djokovic Returns
- Kei Nishikori: From 'Project 45' To Top 10