PORTUGAL OPEN 2014
Raonic Gets His Heart Racing
by ATP Staff|
Don't look down, Milos!
The Canadian scaled the 100-foot mast of Team Alvimedica’s boat with WTA star Elena Vesnina.
Raonic, the youngest player in the Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings, joined Vesnina in a tour of the professional sailing boat, with American crew members Charlie Enright (the skipper) and Mark Towill, who are training in Portugal ahead of the Volvo Ocean Race.
Team Alvimedica certainly got Raonic and Vesnina's heart rates soaring. On deck, Raonic had a heart beat of 78 beats per minute, but his heart rate monitor rose to 140 bpm at the top of the mast.
Raonic said, “It takes a little bit to get used to, but after you pass half way the rest seems a little bit easier. It’s fun and it was a good experience. My heart rate monitor went up to the 140s. I’m not good with heights so I’m happy I did this.”
- Disappointed Raonic Takes Positives From Wimbledon Run
- Federer To Contest Ninth Wimbledon Final
- Federer vs. Raonic: How The Wimbledon Semi-Final Was Won
- Preview: Federer, Raonic Ready For Big-Serving Wimbledon Clash
- Milos Raonic: The Quest For Perfection
- Raonic Fires Past Kyrgios At Wimbledon; Now Plays Federer