THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2014
Wimbledon Announces 10.8 Per Cent Increase In Prize Money
by ATP Staff|
Players at The Championships, Wimbledon this year will receive a total of £25 million, an increase of £2.4m, or 10.8 per cent, over 2013. The All England Club also announced on Tuesday an increase of 12.5 per cent in prize money for each singles player in the first three rounds.
The champion will receive a cheque for £1.76m, a 10 per cent (£160,000) increase from £1.6m in 2013.
Doubles prize money for The Championships, which runs from 23 June to 6 July, increases by 8.7 per cent, while there is a 6.1 per cent increase for the mixed doubles.
This year, there will be 17 match courts at the All England Club, venue of The Championships. Court No. 3 will have an extra 198 unreserved seats.
In 2015, there will be a three-week gap between Roland Garros and The Championships, which will run from 29 June to 12 July.
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey
- Djokovic: “Most Special Grand Slam Final I’ve Played”
- Brain Game: Djokovic's Backhand Key To Wimbledon Win Over Federer