MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2014
Football Star Ronaldo Brings Son To Watch Nadal In Madrid
by ATP Staff|
Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo was courtside at the Caja Magica on Thursday to watch World No. 1 Rafael Nadal in third-round action at the Mutua Madrid Open.
Ballon d’Or winner, Ronaldo, was joined by his three-year-old son, Cristiano Junior, as they watched Nadal defeat Jarkko Nieminen. As well as attending the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court tournament in Madrid, tennis fan Ronaldo previously visited the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London in 2011.
On Sunday night, Nadal was in the President’s box at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu to see Ronaldo clinch a stoppage-time equaliser against Valencia, earning Real Madrid a 2-2 draw.
Ronaldo has played a pivotal role in Real Madrid’s potentially treble-winning season in 2013-14, scoring 50 goals. The Spanish giants have won the Copa del Rey and still have a chance to win La Liga and the Champions League.
Ronaldo’s Real Madrid teammate, Luka Modric, was also at the Caja Magica Thursday.
- Nadal Drawn In Same Quarter As Djokovic At Roland Garros
- Nadal Reigns In Stats At Roland Garros
- Nadal Awarded Paris' Highest Honour
- Wawrinka Denies Nadal In Rome To Set Federer Clash
- Nadal Enters Unfamiliar Territoriy After Rome QF Loss
- Throwback Thursday: Watch Federer's Thrilling Point In 2006 Final Vs Nadal