MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2014
Umpire Warns, Keep It Clean Boys
by ATP Staff|
Players on the ATP World Tour know to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, but it doesn't hurt to get an occasional reminder.
As Marin Cilic and Ernests Gulbis stepped onto Stadium 3 for their third-round match at the Mutua Madrid Open on Thursday, the two got into a lighthearted discussion with the chair umpire about keeping their language friendly for the crowd.
“There are a lot of microphones,' said the umpire. “So… use good language."
Keeping the situation light, the gregarious Gulbis reassured the umpire that he had no reason to worry about the two players.
"I always use good language," said the Latvian, with a smile. “And Marin was once nominated for the sportsmanship award."
Watch the video below:
- By The Numbers: Federer Indoors, Karlovic Aces & More
- Cilic Bests Bautista Agut For Moscow Title
- Cilic Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Cilic "Excited" To Embark On Asian Swing
- Cilic Stars For Croatia In Davis Cup Play-offs; Goffin Leads Belgian Victory
- Cilic Visits Kelly & Michael, Charlie Rose, David Letterman