MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2014
Federer Withdraws From Madrid To Support Family
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer has decided to withdraw from the Mutua Madrid Open in order to support his wife, Mirka, in the time leading up to the birth of the couple’s third child.
Writing on his Facebook page, Federer apologised to his fans, saying, “I’ve decided to withdraw from Madrid to be with my wife Mirka during these next few exciting weeks for our family. I apologise to my fans and hope to be back in Madrid next year. I’ll be training near my home, and am excited to rejoin the Tour soon!”
The Federers already have four-year-old twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, born on 23 July 2009. The Basel native played his last match three weeks ago in the final of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, finishing runner-up to Stanislas Wawrinka.
- Federer Wins Seventh Dubai Crown
- Watch Dubai Hot Shot: Federer Pulverises Backhand Winner
- Brain Game: Federer Rides Hyper-Aggressive Game Plan To Victory
- Federer Surpasses 9,000 Aces Mark, Re-live Matches With Most Aces
- Djokovic & Federer To Ratchet Up Rivalry In Dubai Final
- Novak & Roger: The Rivalry