MUTUA MADRID OPEN 2014
Hot Shot: Thiem One-Ups Stan In Madrid
by ATP Staff|
Watch Thiem's Hot Shot
Qualifier Dominic Thiem upset third seed Stanislas Wawrinka 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the Mutua Madrid second round on Tuesday. The win gave the 20 year old his first victory over a player ranked in the Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
Prior to Tuesday's result, the youngest player to defeat a Top 3 opponent was Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro, who downed No. 3 Rafael Nadal and No. 1 Roger Federer consecutively to take the 2009 US Open.
- Berdych Sweeps Past Thiem For US Open QF Berth
- Thiem, Goffin Eye First ATP World Tour Title In Kitzbühel Final
- Nadal Beats Young Gun Thiem At Roland Garros; Plays Mayer In Third Round
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Monaco and Isner Headline Clay Events
- Brain Game: Kei’s Game Plan Rattles Rafa
- Nadal Wins 27th Masters 1000 Title In Madrid