INTERNAZIONALI BNL D'ITALIA
"Ciao Tutti"...Federer In Rome
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer has arrived in Rome ahead of competing at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia this week. The Swiss had held off deciding on his participation until the last minute, following the birth of his second set of twins, Leo and Lenny, last Tuesday.
Tweeting on Monday, Federer first said, “Thanks to all the people who wrote such super nice msg's the last few days! #meloveyoulongtime,” before adding, “Oh and btw ciao tutti, I just arrived in bella Italia! Looking forward to Rome #mostamazingcity.”
The 32-year-old Federer is playing for the first time since finishing runner-up at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters last month (l. to Wawrinka). He reached the final in Rome last year (l. to Nadal) and also finished runner-up in 2003 (l. to Mantilla) and 2006 (l. to Nadal). The Basel native is looking to win his 22nd ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown and will open his campaign against Jeremy Chardy.
Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) May 12, 2014
- Nadal Drawn In Same Quarter As Djokovic At Roland Garros
- Federer Flies Into Roland Garros On Grand Slam Streak
- Djokovic Wins Fourth Rome Crown; Fourth Masters 1000 Title Of 2015
- Brain Game: Novak's Smothering Baseline Display The Key
- How The Rome Final Was Won: Dominant Djokovic
- Djokovic On Win Streak: "I Can Do It Again"