INTERNAZIONALI BNL D'ITALIA
Nestor/Zimonjic Edge Past Bryans For Rome Final Berth
by ATP Staff|
Nestor and Zimonjic recovered from a 1-3 deficit to win the first set. The Canadian-Serbian team saved four of six break points against the Bryans, who struck 10 aces and dropped 10 points on their first serves.
Nestor and Zimonjic beat the Bryans 6-4, 6-2 in the Mutua Madrid Open final six days ago.
The 41-year-old Nestor has an 84-55 record in tour-level finals, while 37-year-old Zimonjic is 51-31 overall in title matches. In 2014, the duo also won the Apia Sydney International crown (d. Bopanna-Qureshi).
Nestor also lifted the Rome trophy in 1997 (w/Knowles). Zimonjic also took home the silverware in 2007 (w/Santoro).
The Bryan twins have won 98 tour-level titles as a team. The duo drop to a 32-5 match record this season.
Haase and Lopez are competing in their first tournament as a team. The Dutchman will be contesting his sixth tour-level doubles final (1-4), while the Spaniard is seeking his second crown in seven finals.
- Bopanna/Nestor Capture Dubai Crown
- Bryan Brothers Are Quick At The Net In Delray Beach 1R Win
- Nestor And Paes Poised To Renew Historic Rivalry In Rotterdam
- Paes/Hingis Win Australian Open Mixed Doubles Title
- Bolelli/Fognini Capture Australian Open Doubles Crown
- Bopanna/Nestor Win First Title In Sydney