INTERNAZIONALI BNL D'ITALIA
Mirnyi Records 650th Match Win; Bopanna, Qureshi Reach 200
by ATP Staff|
Mirnyi became the 11th doubles player to reach 650 match wins, after teaming up with Mikhail Youzhny for a 6-3, 5-7, 10-4 first-round victory over Italian wild cards Daniele Bracciali and Potito Starace. The 36-year-old Belarusian moved within 10 match wins of Tomas Smid at No. 10 on the all-time leaders list.
Meanwhile, Bopanna and Qureshi each recorded their 200th match wins after defeating Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau 3-6, 6-3, 11-9. The Indo-Pak Express will face top seeds and defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan in the second round.
Watch Bopanna/Qureshi Uncovered
Also Monday, Spaniards Pablo Andujar and Marcel Granollers beat the Polish duo of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski 6-3, 4-6, 10-5. Grigor Dimitrov and Lukas Rosol, who faced off two weeks ago in the Bucharest singles final, joined forces to edge Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah, 7-6(5), 7-6(5).
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown