OPEN DE NICE COTE D'AZUR 2014
Monfils, Simon Create Nice Experience
by ATP Staff|
It hasn't all been about tennis for the players at this week’s two ATP World Tour tournaments. ATPWorldTour.com provides a recap of the highlights.
Open de Nice Côte d’Azur – Nice, France
Gael Monfils and Gilles Simon spent time with local school kids on ‘La Coulée Verte’ in downtown Nice. The two Frenchmen played mini-tennis with the children and signed autographs. Meanwhile, British brothers Ken Skupski and Neal Skupski, Australian Open doubles finalists Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen, and Croatian Mate Pavic led a kids’ clinic at the Nice Lawn Tennis Club.
Gael Monfils (@Gael_Monfils) May 20, 2014
France’s Edouard Roger-Vasselin, who took part in the draw ceremony along with American John Isner and Croatian Borna Coric, greeted Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi on his visit to the tournament. Fellow Frenchmen Gilles Simon and Julien Benneteau joined the mayor for sponsor visits, while Roger-Vasselin and top seed Isner drew huge crowds to autograph sessions on site.
Defending champion Juan Monaco was a hit with fans in attendance, taking photographs and signing autographs.
- The Last Time... With Ivo Karlovic
- Gulbis Claims First Clay-Court Title In Nice
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Stars Align In Roland Garros
- Kohlschreiber Captures Dusseldorf Title
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect
- Gulbis Pursues Perfection In Nice; Plays Delbonis In Final