PLAYERS NEWS 2014
Del Potro Back On Court For First Time Since Left Wrist Surgery
by ATP Staff|
Juan Martin del Potro completed his first on-court tennis training session in Argentina on Thursday. He underwent left wrist surgery on 24 March.
The World No. 7 hit a number of volleys and slice backhands during a 20-minute hit with his coach, Franco Davin.
Del Potro told his Facebook fans, "Hey everybody! I've got good news to share: I'm back on a tennis court! It was a light hit, some forehands and volleys without major movement, since I still wear the splint on my left wrist. At this point I have to be cautious, without skipping any step during the recovery time. As always, thanks for your messages!!"
Del Potro last competed on the ATP World Tour at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships in late February.
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis
- Del Potro Beats Fognini For Sydney QF Berth; Goffin Beaten
- Del Potro Discusses Comeback Expectations