PLAYER NEWS 2014
Federer 'Most Obsessed-Over' Athlete Online
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer is the most ‘Most Obsessed-Over’ athlete on the Web, according to a new list from TIME Magazine. The 32-year-old Swiss ranks No. 18 in the ‘ultimate online power list’.
The rankings were determined by studying statistics from each living person’s Wikipedia page, including the number of words, external links, unique editors and revisions to the page. An algorithm combined the eight different factors to determine each individual’s “prominence”.
George W. Bush finished well ahead of the rest of the field with a score of 65.6, more than 20 points ahead of Barack Obama in the second position. The two U.S. Presidents were followed by a trio of female recording artists: Madonna, Beyoncé and Janet Jackson. Pope Benedict XVI came in at No. 8.
In addition to Federer, five other tennis players made the Top 100. ATP World Tour stars Rafael Nadal (No. 31), Novak Djokovic (No. 61) and Andy Murray (No. 89) were joined by WTA stars Serena Williams (No. 43) and Maria Sharapova (No. 72).
Football stars Cristiano Ronaldo and David Beckham finished at No. 21 and No. 22, while basketball player Shaquille O'Neal rounded out the top five athletes at No. 26.
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half
- Federer Accepts #IceBucketChallenge
- Federer To Return To Barclays ATP World Tour Finals For Record 13th Straight Year
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem