ROLAND GARROS 2014
Golubev/Groth Upset Kubot/Lindstedt, Face Benneteau/Roger-Vasselin In SFs
by ATP Staff|
Kubot and Lindstedt won the Australian Open title (d. Butorac/Klaasen) in January.
Golubev and Groth will face No. 11 seeds Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the semi-finals. The Frenchmen prevailed against Argentines Maximo Gonzalez and Juan Monaco 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(5) after two hours and 38 minutes.
They will attempt to become the second French duo to reach the Roland Garros final in as many years. In 2013, Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut came up just short of lifting the trophy with defeat to the Bryans in a third set tie-break.
Benneteau and Roger-Vasselin claimed their team's first ATP World Tour title this past February in Marseille (d. Hanley/Marray).
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer, Gasquet Headline Grass Events
- Nadal Wins Battle For No. 1; Historic Ninth Roland Garros Crown
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Nadal Seeks 700th Win In Halle
- Brain Game: Rafa's New Tactics Fell Novak
- 'Addicted To Success,' Gulbis Cracks Top 10
- Djokovic Draws Motivation From Ovation