GERRY WEBER OPEN 2014
Federer Visits Children's Hospital
by ATP Staff|
Federer, who had a living room named after him at the hospital last year, told ATPWorldTour.com, “I am happy to be back here one year later and to see how things are developing for the children. It is really important to me, as helping children is also a major part of my foundation work.
“I think that is great that the tournament is involved in such an activity for the long term.”
Donate To ATP ACES For Charity
Later in the day, Federer unveiled a star on the Gerry Weber Open Winners’ Walk of Fame.
He told ATPWorldTour.com about the keys to succeed on grass courts and how he has been catching up on some sleep after a hectic couple of days in Halle.
“I have a wonderful wife who takes care of the four kids at night so that allows me to sleep,” shared Federer. “At the end of the day we’re here [in Halle] for tennis, so she is nice enough to take care of them.”
Watch Federer Interview
- Federer Celebrates 2 Million Followers With #AskRF
- Federer, Tiger Woods Are Most Financially Valuable Athletes
- Federer Meets Lindsey Vonn On 'Top Of Europe' In Lindt Challenge
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey