GERRY WEBER OPEN 2014
Federer Visits Children's Hospital
by ATP Staff|
Federer, who had a living room named after him at the hospital last year, told ATPWorldTour.com, “I am happy to be back here one year later and to see how things are developing for the children. It is really important to me, as helping children is also a major part of my foundation work.
“I think that is great that the tournament is involved in such an activity for the long term.”
Donate To ATP ACES For Charity
Later in the day, Federer unveiled a star on the Gerry Weber Open Winners’ Walk of Fame.
He told ATPWorldTour.com about the keys to succeed on grass courts and how he has been catching up on some sleep after a hectic couple of days in Halle.
“I have a wonderful wife who takes care of the four kids at night so that allows me to sleep,” shared Federer. “At the end of the day we’re here [in Halle] for tennis, so she is nice enough to take care of them.”
Watch Federer Interview
- Federer Races To 47-Minute Win; Dimitrov Battles Past Teenager
- "Surprised" Federer Eager To Exploit No. 1 Chance
- By The Numbers: Federer Indoors, Karlovic Aces & More
- Robredo Dethrones Lopez In “Corona’s Longest Serve” Competition
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Federer Challenges Djokovic In No. 1 Battle