Baghdatis Receives Wimbledon Wild Card
Wild Cards Announced
by ATP Staff|
Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis headlines the list of wild card recipients at this year's Wimbledon. A former World No. 8 and Australian Open finalist, Baghdatis made a semi-final run at The Championships in 2006 (l. to Nadal).
Of the doubles teams making main draw appearances, wild cards include the pairing of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins, the tandem of Evans and Ward, and brothers Ken Skupski and Neal Skupski. The 29-year-old Hutchins, currently the Aegon Championships tournament director, returned to the ATP World Tour this season after successful treatment from Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Two more singles wild cards and four other doubles wild cards berths will be announced ahead of the Championships, 23 June to 6 July.
- Challenger Spotlight: Baghdatis Bags Aptos Title
- Challenger Spotlight: Baghdatis Wins Eighth Crown In Vancouver
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey