Baghdatis Receives Wimbledon Wild Card
Wild Cards Announced
by ATP Staff|
Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis headlines the list of wild card recipients at this year's Wimbledon. A former World No. 8 and Australian Open finalist, Baghdatis made a semi-final run at The Championships in 2006 (l. to Nadal).
Of the doubles teams making main draw appearances, wild cards include the pairing of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins, the tandem of Evans and Ward, and brothers Ken Skupski and Neal Skupski. The 29-year-old Hutchins, currently the Aegon Championships tournament director, returned to the ATP World Tour this season after successful treatment from Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Two more singles wild cards and four other doubles wild cards berths will be announced ahead of the Championships, 23 June to 6 July.
- Cilic, Baghdatis Soldiers For A Day In Zagreb
- Baghdatis Wins 10th Title; Haase And Klahn Also Triumph
- Hutchins Takes On Leadership Role In Player Relations At ATP
- Hanley, Hutchins Retire From Professional Tennis
- Challenger Spotlight: Baghdatis Bags Aptos Title
- Challenger Spotlight: Baghdatis Wins Eighth Crown In Vancouver