TOPSHELF OPEN 2014
Emmrich Proposes To Krajicek In 's-Hertogenbosch
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
by ATP Staff|
Following Krajicek’s first-round win, Emmrich walked onto the grass court at the combined ATP World Tour-WTA event and took the microphone. “I still remember the magical moment when I first saw you here last year,” Emmrich said to the 2006 women's champion.
“We’ve now been together for 10 months and every time I look into those beautiful Bambi eyes I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
He dropped to one knee in front of a surprised Krajicek as the crowd cheered and pulled out a ring. “Do you want to marry me?” he asked. Krajicek said yes and hugged Emmrich.
Krajicek later retweeted an image from the proposal:
Emmrich finished runner-up last year in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (w/Begemann) and is this week competing alongside Swede Johan Brunstrom. The 29 year old German has won three ATP World Tour doubles titles, including a pair last year.
Krajicek, 25, has claimed three singles titles and attained a No. 30 ranking in 2008. She is the younger sister of former World No. 4 Richard Krajicek, the Tournament Director of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: The Big Four Fight For Grass Glory
- First Time Winner Spotlight: Roberto Bautista Agut
- Bautista Agut Captures Maiden Title In Den Bosch
- Rojer/Tecau Take Fourth Title At Topshelf Open
- Becker Closes On Second 's-Hertogenbosch Title
- Verdasco, Lopez To Continue Battle; Sousa, Becker Reach 's-Hertogenbosch SFs