TOPSHELF OPEN 2014
Rojer/Tecau Take Fourth Title At Topshelf Open
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau claimed their fourth team title and fourth trophy of the season after defeating Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky 6-3, 7-6(3) in the Topshelf Open final on Saturday.
The Dutch-Romanian pair secured the victory in 75 minutes, adding to their season's haul of titles from Zagreb, Casablanca and Bucharest. They also reached the final in Rotterdam (l. to Llodra/Mahut).
"To win an ATP World Tour title in front of the Dutch crowd is very nice," said Rojer. "We’ve been working hard - that’s the main thing. We try to keep improving every time.
"The idea [going forward] is to have a good run at Wimbledon."
The loss ends the perfect run of Gonzalez and Lipsky in finals. The fourth seeds entered Saturday's contest with a 7-0 record in title matches, including triumphs in Dusseldorf and Oeiras this season.
- Kubot/Lindstedt Complete Group A With 3-0 Record; Now For Dodig/Melo SF
- Watch Rojer/Tecau Hot Shot; Peya/Soares Save 1 M.P. In Group A Win
- Doubles Groups Determined For Final Showdown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Rojer/Tecau Boost London Bid With Beijing Win
- Rojer/Tecau Win Sixth Team Title In Shenzhen