PLAYER NEWS 2014
Federer, Nadal Rank Among Highest-Paid Athletes
by ATP Staff|
Federer sits at No. 7 on the list with earnings of $56.2 million in 2013, while Nadal's $44.5-million haul put him in ninth place.
Forbers said of Federer: “His endorsement portfolio is filled with long-term deals with blue-chip companies like Nike, Rolex and Credit Suisse. His sponsors collectively pay him more than $40 million annually. The latest addition is champagne brand Moet & Chandon, which signed Federer to a five-year deal at the end of 2012.”
And of Nadal's portfolio: “Nadal's biggest endorsement partner is Nike, [with whom] his earnings are heavily tied to his year-end ranking. Other current sponsors include Babolat, Mapfre, Banc Sabadell Atlantico, Richard Mille, Kia Motors, Mueller and Poker Stars.”
Boxer Floyd Mayweather tops this year's list with $105 million in earnings followed by football star Cristiano Ronaldo ($80 million) and NBA basketball player LeBron James ($72.3 million).
Federer and Nadal were listed at No. 2 and No. 30, respectively, in the edition published last year.
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey
- Djokovic: “Most Special Grand Slam Final I’ve Played”
- Brain Game: Djokovic's Backhand Key To Wimbledon Win Over Federer