Bryans Begin Wimbledon Title Defence
Wimbledon, Great Britain
by ATP Staff|
The three-time champions (2013, ’11, ’06) dropped the opening set before securing the 3-6, 7-6(2), 6-2, 6-2 victory in two hours and two minutes.
In second-round action, third seeds Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic continued their bid for a third Wimbledon title by claiming a victory over Germans Dustin Brown and Jan-Lennard Struff 6-4, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2. The Canadian-Serbian pair, who reunited at the beginning of the season after a three-year separation, lifted back-to-back trophies at the grass-court major in 2008 and '09.
Fourth seeds Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin, this year’s Roland Garros champions, dispatched Andre Begemann and Lukas Rosol 6-3, 6-7(3), 6-4, 6-2 in two hours and 32 minutes. The Frenchmen will meet 13th-seeded team of Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen, a 6-3, 6-7(5), 7-6(5), 6-4 winner over Czechs Jaroslav Levinsky and Jiri Vesely.
A match of home favourites played out Court 2 as Great Britain’s Jamie Murray partnered with Australian John Peers to defeat Murray’s countryman, Jamie Delgado, and his teammate, Gilles Muller of Luxembourg. The 6-3, 7-6(7), 6-3 battle ended the 23rd consecutive Wimbledon campaign for Delgado, a record-setting milestone for the 37 year old.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Bryans Retain Cincinnati Title For 99th Crown
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory