Raonic, Nishikori Power Into Third Round
by ATP Staff|
Raonic lost six of his first service points and as many points at the net in an aggressive display, which lasted one hour and 40 minutes.
“For me the most important thing, especially on grass, is finding rhythm on second serve return,” said Raonic. “I found that quite early on. In both of first two sets, I was able to get early breaks, which helps. I was clean off my service games.”
"It was almost a perfect game for me," said Nishikori. "I able to break his serve early each set. I was more relaxed. Also I was able to attack his groundstrokes. He didn't have a big serve, so I was able to put some pressure on his service game.
"Especially since the clay court season I gained more confidence. My tennis is changing; I'm more consistent and everything is going well. Even on grass, my serve is getting better. I can be more aggressive on the groundstrokes. I try to come in more on grass especially. I feel really comfortable playing on grass."
- Raonic Ready To Bring His Best When It Matters
- Djokovic, Federer, Nadal Compete In Shanghai
- Nishikori Wins Tokyo Crown, Improves London Chances
- Watch Nishikori Deal One-Two Punch vs. Raonic In Tokyo
- Nishikori Fights Past Becker, Aims For Second Tokyo Title Against Raonic
- Watch Raonic Conjure Behind-The-Head Hot Shot