PLAYER NEWS 2014
Federer Makes Forbes Top 20 Powerful Celebrities List
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer has been named 16th on the Forbes list of the “World’s Most Powerful Celebrities”. The Swiss comes ahead of No. 17 Miley Cyrus, No. 18 Taylor Swift, No. 19 Lady Gaga, No. 20 Kanye West. Beyonce has been named No. 1.
View Forbes Top 100
In confirming Federer’s status, Forbes wrote: “Federer continues to be among the world's best players 16 years after he turned pro. He holds the records for most singles Grand Slam wins (17) and career prize money ($81 million). He appeared in a staggering 18 out of 19 Grand Slam finals between 2005 and 2010.
“His endorsement portfolio is filled with long-term deals with blue-chip companies like Nike, Rolex and Credit Suisse. His sponsors collectively pay him more than $40 million annually. The latest addition is champagne brand Moet & Chandon, which signed Federer to a five-year deal at the end of 2012.”
The Forbes annual Celebrity 100 list ranks the top stars from the worlds of film, TV, music, sports, books and modelling, based on money and fame. Between 1 June 2013 and 1 June 2014, Forbes estimated Federer earned $55m, with his fame measured in terms of how many times he was mentioned in print, TV and radio, plus his impact on social media.
Rafael Nadal was placed at No. 24, with Novak Djokovic at No. 43.
- Federer To Return To Barclays ATP World Tour Finals For Record 13th Straight Year
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Brain Game: Federer's Forward Progress
- Roger Reigns In Cincy: How The Western & Southern Open Was Won