Bryans, Peya/Soares Reach Wimbledon Third Round
Wimbledon, Great Britain
by ATP Staff|
The Americans will look to reach the quarter-finals for a 10th straight year at the All England Club when they next face No. 15 seeds Juan Sebastian Cabal and Marcin Matkowski. The Bryans won the Wimbledon title in 2006, ’11 and ’13.
Australians Chris Guccione and Lleyton Hewitt will meet ninth seeds Julian Knowle and Marcelo Melo for a place in the quarter-finals. Guccione and Hewitt ousted seventh seeds and reigning Australian Open champions Lukasz Kubot and Robert Lindstedt 7-5, 6-3, 6-4, while Knowle and Melo beat Aleksandr Nedovyesov and Dmitry Tursunov 6-1, 7-6(9), 6-3.
Frenchmen Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut, the No. 12 seeds, also advanced in straight sets, beating Johan Brunstrom and Frederik Nielsen 6-3, 6-4, 6-2. Nielsen won the Wimbledon doubles title two years ago alongside Great Britain’s Jonathan Marray.
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey
- Djokovic: “Most Special Grand Slam Final I’ve Played”
- Brain Game: Djokovic's Backhand Key To Wimbledon Win Over Federer