Bryans Reach Wimbledon Semi-finals
Wimbledon, Great Britain
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan advanced to the Wimbledon semi-finals for the 11th time after defeating ninth seeds Julian Knowle and Marcelo Melo 3-6, 7-6(6), 6-4, 6-4 on Wednesday. The Americans, three-time and defending champions at Wimbledon, next face 12th seeds Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut, who won an all-French contest against fourth seeds and reigning Roland Garros champions Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-4, 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 in two hours and 22 minutes.
In the bottom half of the draw, fifth seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek were victorious in their third-round duel with Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau, last month’s champions at ’s-Hertogenbosch. The Indian-Czech duo, who advanced 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-4, 7-5, will face third seeds Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic for a semi-final berth.
Canadian Vasek Pospisil partnered with American Jack Sock for a 7-6(3), 7-6(3), 6-4 triumph over Mate Pavic of Croatia and Andre Sa of Brazil. The unseeded team goes on to face second seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares in the quarter-finals. Entering Wimbledon, the Austrian-Brazilian pairing claimed the trophy at Queen’s and finished runners-up to Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot in Eastbourne.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Bryans Retain Cincinnati Title For 99th Crown
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport