PLAYER NEWS 2014
Del Potro Makes Progress, Practises Two-Handed Backhand
by ATP Staff|
Juan Martin del Potro continues to take steps forward in his comeback from left wrist surgery. On his return to Rochester for a check-up, the Argentine practised his two-handed backhand for the first time.
"Four months after the surgery I hit my first few backhands and my doctor Richard Berger was there," he shared Thursday on Facebook. "I'm looking forward to playing pain-free again as soon as possible. Thanks for your support!"
Del Potro, who played his last match in February at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, will head to Miami for a few days to continue his training. He stepped back out on the court for the first time since his surgery in late May.
- Del Potro Awarded Indian Wells Wild Card
- Watch Del Potro's Underwater Rehabilitation
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis