VEGETA CROATIA OPEN UMAG 2014
Robredo Aims To Retain Umag Crown; Cuevas Tops Fognini, Advances To Final
by ATP Staff|
Second seed Robredo will attempt to capture his 13th ATP World Tour title after he knocked out third seed and 2012 titlist Marin Cilic 7-6(10), 6-3 in the semi-finals, carried over from Saturday due to heavy rain. Robredo won 32 of his 38 first service points in the match, which lasted one hour and 45 minutes.
Cuevas will be looking to add to his SkiStar Swedish Open title, won earlier this month, in the final of the ATP World Tour 250 clay-court tournament.
Cuevas proved to be in fine form against top seed and last year’s runner-up Fabio Fognini, in a 6-3, 6-4 semi-final victory on Sunday morning. The qualifier, who did not feature in the Emirates ATP Rankings at the start of 2013 after a spate of knee injuries, is currently 15 spots off his career-high of No. 45 — attained in October 2009.
Cilic saw his 15-match winning streak on Croatian soil come to an end. His run included titles in Umag (2012) and the PBZ Zagreb Indoors (2013-14).
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Soeda Claims 16th Challenger Crown In Toyota; Dellien Makes Bolivian History
- Rivalries Of 2014: Murray vs. Robredo
- Cuevas Wins In Guayaquil; Kudla Claims Australian Open Wild Card
- Wawrinka To Play Federer In Semis, Finishes Group A With 2-1 Record
- Djokovic Remains Perfect Against Cilic