BET-AT-HOME CUP KITZBUHEL 2014
Finns Kontinen/Nieminen Claim Kitzbühel Crown
by ATP Staff|
The Finnish pair fired six aces, breaking serve on three occasions for the 6-1, 6-4 victory over Daniele Bracciali and Andrey Golubev. It was Nieminen's fourth title in eight tour-level finals and first since triumphing alongside Dmitry Tursunov in Munich last year. For Kontinen, it was the 24 year old's maiden victory.
"Thanks to Henri for playing great again," said Nieminen. "We haven't had many chances to play together on the [ATP World] Tour level, but we've played many Davis Cups and hopefully we'll get many more attempts to play together. It was fun."
Kontinen and Nieminen, who also won the 2013 Helsinki Challenger together, take home €23,500 and 250 Emirates ATP Rankings points
Bracciali and Golubev were also contesting their first doubles final as a team. The Italian falls to 5-6 in finals, while the Kazakh was seeking his maiden title. They claim €12,350 and 150 Emirates ATP Rankings points for their efforts.
- First-Time Winner Spotlight: David Goffin
- Goffin Wins Maiden Title In Kitzbühel
- Thiem, Goffin Eye First ATP World Tour Title In Kitzbühel Final
- Austrian Thiem Keeps Title Hopes Alive In Kitzbühel, Plays Monaco In SFs
- Goffin To Play Gonzalez In Kitzbühel SFs
- Kohlschreiber Beaten In Wet Kitzbühel; Granollers Reaches QFs