WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN 2014
Pospisil/Sock Improve To 13-0 With QF Win
by ATP Staff|
The Canadian-American duo defeated last week's Rogers Cup titlists Peya and Soares for the second time during their win streak, having prevailed in the Wimbledon quarter-finals in four sets. They will next face No. 6 seeds Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the semis.
The French tandem of Benneteau and Roger-Vasselin earned their first win in three meetings with Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic, triumphing 6-3, 6-4 in 68 minutes. Benneteau, also a semi-finalist in the singles draw, is seeking his third ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title following victories in Monte-Carlo in 2013 (w/Zimonjic) and in Shanghai in '09 (w/Tsonga).
Top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan continued their title defence in Cincinnati, dismissing Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau 7-6(5), 6-7(6), 10-2 in the quarter-finals. The four-time champions needed one hour and 50 minutes to advance and set up an All-American semi-final clash with wild cards Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey. Johnson and Querrey secured their place in the last four by downing Robert Lindstedt and Marcin Matkowski 7-6(7), 4-6, 10-2.
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Brain Game: Federer's Forward Progress