WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN 2014
Raonic Routs Fognini In 57 Minutes
by ATP Staff|
The Canadian fired seven aces and 24 winners, converting on all six break points earned and saving all seven faced. The Citi Open champion is enjoying a strong Emirates Airline US Open Series campaign following a quarter-final result on home soil last week in Toronto.
Watch Friday Highlights
"For once I actually struggled with my serve and not my return," admitted Raonic. "A lot of things I did well today knowing and just understanding. Playing him is difficult just because of the unpredictability. I was able to break pretty handily most of the time, and then I was scrapping out quite a few."
Raonic is the only player this season to reach the quarters or better at six ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events, having advanced as far in Indian Wells, Miami, Monte-Carlo and Toronto. He was a semi-finalist in Rome as well (l. to Djokovic).
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Brain Game: Federer's Forward Progress