WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN
ATP Doubles Showdown Entertains Fans In Cincinnati
by ATP Staff|
Fans at the Western & Southern Open on Monday were treated to doubles like they’d never seen it before as Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan led an all-star ATP Doubles Showdown presented by ATP ACES For Charity.
With Wayne Bryan at the helm, the players took part in a series of doubles drills, with hilarity ensuing as the rule book was discarded. Fans packed onto Court 4 for the interactive exhibition, that saw the players throw prizes into the crowd, and some fans even invited onto court to take part.
The teams that took part were: Bryans; Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen; Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares – who had driven overnight after winning the Rogers Cup specially to be there; Jamie Murray and John Peers; Dominic Inglot and Treat Huey; Leander Paes and Robert Lindstedt; Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Rohan Bopanna.
For their participation, all the teams were awarded with an ATP ACES For Charity cheque of $1,500 to give to their respective foundations and favoured charities.
Photo: Victor Kincer
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Brain Game: Federer's Forward Progress