WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN 2014
Pospisil/Sock Extend Streak; Butorac/Klaasen Set Up Bryans Clash
by ATP Staff|
Also victorious on Wednesday were third seeds Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic, who defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez and Santiago Giraldo 6-2, 6-3 to set up a quarter-final clash with sixth seeds Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin. The reigning Roland Garros champions triumphed over Juan Sebastian Cabal and Tommy Robredo 1-6, 6-4, 10-7.
Two other seeded teams made second-round exits at the Lindner Family Tennis Center: Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau knocked out seventh seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez 7-5, 7-6(5), while Robert Lindstedt and Marcin Matkowski eliminated fourth seeds and last week’s Toronto runners-up Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo 6-2, 6-4.
Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen defeated Feliciano Lopez and Jurgen Melzer 6-4, 6-3 to give the American-South African tandem a second-round berth against defending champions and top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan.
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Federer Holds Off Ferrer For 80th Title, Sixth In Cincinnati
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Brain Game: Federer's Forward Progress