US OPEN 2014
Del Potro Withdraws From US Open
New York, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
The USTA has announced that Juan Martin del Potro will not be participating in the 2014 US Open. The Argentine, champion in 2009, is still recovering from surgery on his left wrist, performed in March.
The World No. 11 has kept his fans up to date about his progress, most recently sharing a video of him hitting two-handed backhands.
The 25 year old won his 18th ATP World Tour title in January at the Apia International Sydney (d. Tomic), and played his most recent match in February at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, where he lost in the first round (l. to Devvarman).
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis
- Del Potro Beats Fognini For Sydney QF Berth; Goffin Beaten
- Del Potro Discusses Comeback Expectations