WINSTON-SALEM OPEN 2014
Mahut, Haase Win Openers In Winston-Salem
by ATP Staff|
Dutchman Robin Haase also advanced, defeating Benoit Paire of France 6-4, 2-6, 6-2, while Germany’s Benjamin Becker edged Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 in 84 minutes to book a second-round meeting with 15th seed Jarkko Nieminen.
In an all-American evening battle, Bradley Klahn outlasted wild card Noah Rubin 6-2, 0-6, 7-6(5) in two hours and 12 minutes to set a second-round meeting with top seed John Isner. The 18-year-old Rubin, who last week won the national U.S. junior tournament in Kalamazoo, earned a singles and doubles (w/Kozlov) wild card into the US Open and plans to attend Wake Forest University this fall.
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Rosol Saves 2 M.P. To Win Winston-Salem Crown
- Cabal/Farah Claim Winston-Salem Trophy
- Rosol To Battle Janowicz For Winston-Salem Title