Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
by ATP Staff|
The world’s Top 3 have all been nominated by celebrities to take part in the #IceBucketChallenge, to raise awareness of the fight against ALS. Djokovic was nominated by One Direction’s Niall Horan, and Nadal by Ben Stiller and wife Christine Taylor, both long-time supporters of Project A.L.S. Federer received his challenge from Gavin Rossdale, who took the icy plunge alongside Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie.
A number of ATP World Tour players have already completed the #IceBucketChallenge to #StrikeOutALS, including Andy Murray, Justin Gimelstob, Milos Raonic, John Isner, Feliciano Lopez, Bernard Tomic, Jack Sock, Ryan Harrison, Tim Smyczek, Rohan Bopanna, Michael Russell, Eric Butorac, Tommy Haas and Nick Kyrgios.
The #IceBucketChallenge has soaked the United States over the past month, with the ALS Association receiving $15.6 million in donations, compared to $1.8 million during the same time period last year.
ALS has affected the tennis family in recent years. ATP Executive Chairman & President Brad Drewett passed away on 3 May, 2013, after his battle with the disease, which has no cure. Former ATP pro Jerome Golmard is currently fighting the disease, and WTA staff member Angie Cunningham has also been diagnosed.
- Federer Races To 47-Minute Win; Dimitrov Battles Past Teenager
- Nadal Sweeps Into Basel QFs; Coric Records Biggest Win Of His Career
- Djokovic Celebrates Birth Of Baby Boy
- "Surprised" Federer Eager To Exploit No. 1 Chance
- By The Numbers: Federer Indoors, Karlovic Aces & More
- Robredo Dethrones Lopez In “Corona’s Longest Serve” Competition