OFF-COURT ACTIVITIES 2014
Isner Plays Wake Forest Football; Harrison Attends Kids' Day
by ATP Staff|
It hasn't all been about tennis for the players at this week’s ATP World Tour tournament. ATPWorldTour.com provides a recap of the highlights.
Isner, a native of nearby Greensboro, tested his throwing arm against E.J. Scott, Matt James and Jared Crump, while getting some personal coaching from the football team's head coach, Dave Clawson.
“I love football more than anything. It’s one of my passions. I love Georgia and I love the Carolina Panthers. [Today] was a lot of fun. It’s something I don’t do very often. But whenever I can get a football in my hand, I love throwing it.” Read More
Watch Isner Video
"It's always a great opportunity to support tennis and educate children about the sport and show them how to enjoy being out there on the court," said the 22 year old wild card. Learn More
Earlier in the week, defending champion Jurgen Melzer joined tournament officials for the official draw ceremony.
"I've been playing well. I'm looking forward to playing in this tournament," shared the Austrian. "I had a little toe surgery after Wimbledon and it got me out of rhythm. Any match I win will make me happy." Photo
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Rosol Saves 2 M.P. To Win Winston-Salem Crown
- Cabal/Farah Claim Winston-Salem Trophy
- Rosol To Battle Janowicz For Winston-Salem Title