US OPEN 2014
Pospisil/Sock Win On US Open Debut; Peya/Soares Advance
New York, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
The Canadian-American duo made a historic 14-0 start to their partnership, lifting trophies at Wimbledon and in Atlanta before a runner-up finish to Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan in Cincinnati. They are looking to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, and currently stand in sixth position in the Emirates ATP Doubles Team Rankings.
Ninth seeds Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau also advanced with a 6-4, 6-4 victory, defeating Jesse Huta Galung and Rameez Junaid. Rojer and Tecau have won five ATP World Tour titles this season, including the Washington title during the Emirates Airline US Open Series.
Americans Scott Lipsky and Rajeev Ram also prevailed in a third-set tie-break, edging No. 15 seeds Jamie Murray and John Peers 4-6, 7-6(6), 7-6(4). The British-Australian duo had reached the final last week in Winston-Salem.
- Federer, Wawrinka Lead Swiss Bid For Davis Cup Final
- Cilic Visits Kelly & Michael, Charlie Rose, David Letterman
- Cilic Reads Top 10 List On Letterman
- Cilic Crowned US Open Champion, Ends Nishikori's Historic Run
- Nishikori: “I Showed I Can Beat Anybody”
- Cilic Overpowers Nishikori: How The US Open Final Was Won