US OPEN 2014
Nestor/Zimonjic Win Opener In NY Reunion
New York, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
Nestor and Zimonjic are playing together in New York for the first time since 2010. They achieved their team’s best result the previous year, when they reached the quarter-finals.
Seventh-seeded Spaniards David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco, the reigning Barclays ATP World Tour Finals champions, defeated Americans Nicholas Monroe and Donald Young 6-4, 6-4. They next meet Mate Pavic and Andre Sa, who ousted another American duo, Chase Buchanan and Tennys Sandgren, 6-2, 6-3.
Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen, the No. 12 seeds, needed just 50 minutes to cruise past Tomasz Bednarek and Johan Brunstrom 6-3, 6-1. The American-South African duo reached the Australian Open final earlier this year.
- Federer, Wawrinka Lead Swiss Bid For Davis Cup Final
- Cilic Visits Kelly & Michael, Charlie Rose, David Letterman
- Cilic Reads Top 10 List On Letterman
- Cilic Crowned US Open Champion, Ends Nishikori's Historic Run
- Nishikori: “I Showed I Can Beat Anybody”
- Cilic Overpowers Nishikori: How The US Open Final Was Won