US OPEN 2014
Djokovic vs. Murray Preview Analysis
New York, U.S.A.
Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray will clash for the 21st time in the US Open quarter-finals on Wednesday night in New York. Djokovic leads their FedEx ATP Head2Head series 12-8, but the last time they played at the US Open, it was Murray who came through in five sets to win the 2012 title.
Djokovic has been the best returner of serve in the tournament, especially against second serves - an area that has been problematic for Murray.
IBM data suggests that Djokovic should have the edge in baseline rallies, so it will be imperative for Murray to serve well to get control of the points early and give himself opportunities to attack.
For additional insight, visit www.ibm.com/sports.
- Very strong serving - 31 aces – 67 per cent first serves in play; 79 per cent first serve points won; 60 per cent second serve points won - held 48 of 52 service games
- Best return of serve in the tournament - 25 breaks in 49 return games played - especially strong returning second serves (65 per cent won)
- Best baseline performance in the tournament – 62 per cent won - 42 forehand winners - 27 backhand winners
- Under a lot of pressure on serve - faced 37 break points, broken 13 times - 18 double faults
- Big forehand weapon - 66 forehand winners - 29 backhand winners
- Very strong when he attacks the net - won 104 of 129 net approaches (81 per cent)
Statistcs courtesy: IBM
|67%||1st Serve %||58%|
|79%||1st Serve Points||72%|
|60%||2nd Serve Points||56%|
|13||Break Points Faced||37|
|92%||Service Games Held||82%|
|76%||Returns In Play||76%|
|38%||1st Return Points Won||34%|
|65%||2nd Return Points Won||57%|
|25||Breaks Of Serve||23|
|49||Return Games Played||68|
|51%||Return Games Won %||34%|
|33||Forehand Unforced Errors||55|
|38||Backhand Unforced Errors||48|
|45 of 73||Net Points Won||104 of 129|
|62%||Net Points Won Pct.||81%|
|62%||Baseline Points Won||49%|
|6:33||Time On Court||10:04|
- Djokovic Dominates En Route To Roland Garros
- Nadal Drawn In Same Quarter As Djokovic At Roland Garros
- Murray Brings Clay Momentum Into Roland Garros
- Djokovic Dominating Just Like In 2011
- Djokovic Strengthens Lead In Emirates ATP Race To London
- Djokovic Wins Fourth Rome Crown; Fourth Masters 1000 Title Of 2015