Pro Tennis Internet Network

Vijay Amritraj

ATP ACES © ATP

Charities and Causes

The Vijay Amritraj Foundation was founded in 2006 to help those living in poverty in India. In its role as an umbrella charity, the Vijay Amritraj Foundation supports seventeen charities across India. 95% of those charities support women and children, and the remaining 5% aid the mentally ill and destitute people.

Highlights

The Vijay Amritraj Foundation supports various causes. In rural areas they train midwives to provide emergency care, and in a hospital in Chennai they have paid for children, who have been born blind, to have cornea transplants. They also help the elderly, providing homes for those who have been abandoned by their families. 

In 2012 the Vijay Amritraj Foundation received a $10,000 grant from ATP ACES. This grant was used directly to expand education programs in the poorest neighbourhoods in Chennai and enabled 454 more children to go to school. 



Search Charity

©Queimadelos/Valencia Open 500

PLATINUM PARTNERS


Get Your ATP
Fan Credential

  • Insider News
  • Daily Results
  • Mobile Alerts
  • Ticket Offers

© Copyright 1994 - 2014 ATP Tour, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any way or by any means (including photocopying, recording or storing it in any medium by electronic means), without the written permission of ATP Tour, Inc.

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Enable Mobile

EmailDeliciousDeliciousDiggDiggFacebookFacebookMixxMixxRedditRedditStumbleUponStumbleUpon