The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 62 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience or training
- 3 – 5 years .NET development experience. Experience in C# with Winform native apps and services, and MVC web application is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years SQL Server 2012 + development and administering experience, SSIS and SQL reporting experience a plus.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working with administrative batch data processing.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience utilizing dependency injection.
- Experience working with a CMS
- Experience working within a team source-controlled environment, GIT preferred.
- Experience working with CDN’s and webfarm environments
- Experience building consumer facing websites and web applications
- Experience building and consuming web services in .NET. WebAPI REST experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Experience working with Microsoft Server 2012R2
- Experience working with and administering IIS (7.x and 8.x)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Must have a Customer Service attitude
- Must be available to travel up to 20%
- Understanding of the game of Tennis is a plus
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- 1 – 3 years Sitecore usage/development experience (7.5 +)
- NoSQL experience with data retrieval and administration.
- Maintain application infrastructure for the ATP Digital Media Platform across desktop and mobile websites and related applications
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing digital assets
- Support and develop database driven web interfaces for high-traffic websites
- Develop and support CDN, web farm and caching strategies to deliver high volume distribution of digital content to users and clients
- Evaluate and recommend new technology solutions for digital channels
- Work with and manage various international digital agencies
- Work to design, develop and maintain high development, coding and distribution standards
- Work and code within at team source-controlled environment for team collaboration development and production
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing Digital Media Platform including associated databases, data sources and dependencies
- Work closely with visual designers to bridge design and engineering work efforts
- Maintain internal diagrams and procedures documentation as necessary
- Travel domestically and internationally several times per year for up to 2 weeks
- Maintain application infrastructure for the Livescoring platform across the PDA/tablet, desktop, server, databases, services, web and mobile systems and related applications
- Maintain SLA requirements and maintenance of service systems and their content delivered to the clients
- Analyze and develop solutions to automate and improve the responsiveness, redundancy and 99.9% uptime of the Livescoring platform systems
- Maintain the service infrastructure of the Data Distribution services from the maintenance of the code base driving the services to the setup, database systems that contain the data delivered in the services and the servers that deliver the content to the clients
- Maintain the Intranet systems and platforms on which they exist upon
- Maintain and populate documentation stores of process, procedures, diagrams and specification documents.
- Shared on call with other members of IT and Digital Media team.
Measures of Success
- Consumer satisfaction with ATP digital properties
- Internal satisfaction with ATP digital properties and maintenance tools
- Positive feedback from manager with policies met, obligations fulfilled and technology remaining secure and current
- Growth in audience and engagement
- Improvement in content generation workflows
To apply – email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
ATP Internship Program
The ATP training Program places a junior/senior at the ATP International Headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida for approximately 3 months, where the intern is exposed to a wide range of business activities. The intern will benefit from learning new skills and abilities which the intern can then apply in the course of his or her college coursework as well as observe and experience in a real world setting the application of his/her educational training and establish networking opportunities.
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 61 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
ATP will engage one intern at a time based on the following:
- Junior or senior in a university program, preferably but not required that the program be in a sports management/communications, marketing or business related program;
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent;
- Eligible to work in the United States; and
- While it is not a requirement that the intern receive college credit for the internship, we will be pleased to work with the candidate and the educational institution to facilitate credit for the program and we encourage applicants who must fulfill an internship requirement as part of their curriculum.
- Second language preferred;
- Strong research and communication skills; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
Applicants must submit their application, resume and answer a short question on www.teamworkonline.com.ATP will interview final candidates and select one candidate for the following periods:
Internship Periods & Deadlines
There are three opportunities available as follows:
1. January to April 2017
2. May to August 2017
3. September to December 2017
One candidate for each of the three trimesters will be selected at the end of the application process. The deadline for applying to any and all of the three trimesters is: October 16, 2016.
When you submit your application, please indicate for which trimester you would like to be considered. You may choose more than one trimester.
Equal opportunity laws apply to all internships. All applicants will be considered and engaged without regard to race, age, color, gender, ethnic group, national origin, religion, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.
DEPARTMENT ROTATION RESPONSIBILITIES
The objective is to expose the intern to a variety of tasks and areas within ATP. The intern will work on different projects with various departments. Some of the tasks could include but are not limited to:
Entry lists and player tracking
Maintenance of player documents and internal communications
Assist staff with special player projects
Assist with management of the Member Pension Plans
Gather missing information from participants
Organize player demographic data for insurance and other benefits
Internal records audit
PR & Communications
Assist in production of ATP Media notes and other publications
Help update player bio and profile information
Assist with digital products projects as need
Update ATP stats and data periodically
Quotes & news clippings
Event planning and documentation
Miscellaneous tournament and ATP projects
Other duties and rotations will be assigned as needed and based on intern’s interest and abilities.
Compensation details will be discussed with the final candidates. Interns will be paid at least the minimum wage required by law and the intern will be subject to the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act and other federal or state requirements. The intern is not entitled to ATP benefits, however all interns will be subject to ATP policies and workplace rules.
HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
Both housing and transportation are the intern’s responsibility. However, the ATP will assist the intern in finding short term housing.
The ATP can provide an internship invitation letter to applicant elected, but will not process student or work visas. International applicants should be responsible for process of their visas to be able to complete the time of the internship.
ATP Internship Program FAQ’s
Q. How much are interns paid?
A. Compensation details will be discussed with final applicants. The program pays at least minimum wage.
Q. Do I need to know how to play tennis?
A. No. This internship does not require tennis playing skills.
Q. How long are the internships?
A. The internship period is approximately 3 months.
Q. What are the interns working hours?
A. The daily office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m five days a week. Monday – Friday or Sunday – Thursday shifts. Flexible working schedule at night shifts or different days could be required.
Q. Do interns travel?
A. In general interns do not travel.
Q. What are some of the job responsibilities of interns?
A. Interns are given administrative level assignments and projects in different areas.
Q. Do I have to have a college degree to apply?
A. No, a 4-year degree from an accredited University is not necessary to apply for the internship. The specific college credit granted for the internship will depend upon your individual program.
Q. Is this internship only offered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida?
Q. How many interns are selected?
A. Each term, one intern is selected.
Q. Do interns get hired as full-time employees?
A. No. However, interns are encouraged to apply when a position opens. Some of the current employees have started as interns.
For International applicants:
Q. Can I obtain a U.S. visa with this Internship?
A. No. If selected, the ATP will issue an internship invitation letter, but this will not guarantee the success in obtaining a U.S. visa. All international applicants are responsible for their immigration status during the length of the internship.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?
- What is your cumulative GPA?
- In 300 words or less please discuss what you view as the single most important issue facing the ATP at this time.