Ashville, North Carolina, USA
John B. Farrington
- Coaching Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic since the 2017 US Open
COACHING CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- In 1984 named Director of Tennis at the One & Only Ocean Club where he held this position for about 14 years.
- Davis Cup Captain for the Bahamas - past 12 years.
- 1998 - 2001 coached Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor to ATP Tour ranking of #1 in the world in Doubles, while coaching Knowles to a career-high top 100 Singles ranking. The team won the Australian Open in 2002, were finalists in Wimbledon 2002, the French Open 2002 and the Australian Open in 2003. They won 5 ATP Masters Titles and won 11 ATP Regular Tour titles.
- 2005-2006 coached on WTA Tour: Sania Mirza from India. Mirza’s world ranking moved from #400 to #30 - her highest ranking.
- Coached Bahamas team at Olympics in Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008.
- 2008-2010 coached Daniel Nestor & Nenad Zimonjic to #1 ranking in ATP Mens Doubles. Nestor/Zimonjic won 21 ATP titles in this time-frame. Plus winning Wimbledon in 2008, French Open in 2010, and were finalists at Australian Open 2010.
2014 on WTA Tour - Coach for Anastasia Rodionova & Alla Kudryavsteva. Coached both Singles & Doubles for each player. Doubles ranking started at #20 as a team & finished their highest #8 in November 2014. They qualified for the WTA Finals year-end Championships and reached the semifinals. Kudryavsteva's Singles ranking went from #115 to #97. Rodionova's Singles ranking went from #220 to #162 before they parted ways in November 2014.
In 2017, coached Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic to the alternate position of the Nitto ATP Finals and a ranking of #9.
In 2018, coached Marach and Pavic to 3 consecutive doubles titles in Doha, Auckland and the Australian Open. Pavic also won the Mixed Doubles at the Australian Open
John Barrie Farrington Jr. was born and grew up in Nassau, Bahamas. He spent a few years in Toronto, Canada for high school at Appelby College and John competed on the ATP Tour for 7 years. He held the number 1 spot in Singles and Doubles in the Bahamas for 11 years and was a player for the Bahamas Davis Cup Team for 10 years. He played and excelled in several other sports: Cricket, Soccer, Softball. John began coaching tennis in 1984 and since then he has coached on both the ATP Tour and the WTA Tour. He is married to Donnae Farrington and they live in Asheville, North Carolina, USA.