ATP Tour, Inc. es el gobierno del tenis profesional masculino y sus circuitos - el ATP World Tour, el ATP Challenger Tour y el ATP Champions Tour. Con 62 torneos en 31 países, el ATP World Tour muestra a los mejores jugadores del mundo en lugares perfectos para competir. El propósito de ATP es poseer, sancionar, programar y administrar uno o más circuitos de tenis profesional; poseer uno o más torneos profesionales de tenis; desarrollar, promover y administrar normas, regulaciones y procedimientos para asegurar una conducta justa en los torneos profesionales de tenis; promover el interés en el tenis profesional en todo el mundo; mejorar las condiciones de los torneos en todo el mundo; promover el interés en una o más organizaciones benéficas; mejorar las condiciones en las que un jugador arranca su situación profesional; mejorar el status y la percepción del tenis profesional como deporte internacional: incentivar el interés en el deporte del tenis.
The ATP is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 63 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues.
The Sales & Sponsorship / Digital Media intern would split his/her time between the two departments, with several overlapping responsibilities and projects over the course of the internship.
About the Sales & Sponsorships (Commercial) Department
ATP Commercial department is the commercial arm of the ATP Tour. The ATP Commercial Department is responsible for the sale of ATP World Tour sponsorship assets and all commercial inventory at the Nitto ATP Finals, along with the management of existing sponsor benefits.
The objective of this position of the internship is to assist in the development of new sponsorship opportunities, by researching companies and contacts within assigned categories, along with other special projects.
About the Digital Media Department
ATP Digital Media department is the digital arm of the ATP Tour. The ATP Digital Media department is responsible for the creation and management of all ATP digital properties including websites, social media platforms, and mobile apps.
The objective of this internship is to assist in the creation and analysis of digital media reports to help monitor the health of all ATP digital channels, as well as conduct research on the latest social media trends and best practices.
Sales & Sponsorships
- Keep up-to-date on trends within sports sponsorship
- Research of sales leads and new business opportunities
- Specific activities would include researching companies within assigned categories and identifying specific contacts
- Supports in performing various analytical special projects, including working with spreadsheets, presentations and/or database applications to create reports for department leadership.
- Account Management Support – responsible for the posting of ATP partner web banners, within the AdTech online system
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with the development of sponsorship proposals
- Collaborate with staff and departments in preparing special projects
- Special administrative tasks as they arise
- Run analytics reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to monitor health of ATP digital channels
- Research latest social media trends and best practices.
- Track partner social media promotions
- This position receives direction from the Digital and Social Media Specialist
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- College senior, recent graduate or graduate student
- A background in business
- Excellent research skills
- Good organizational and execution skills, focus on detail
- Strong team player who can work independently
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn Commercial CRM system
- A positive and flexible attitude
- January – June, 2019
- 40 hours / week; hourly pay.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- How did you hear about this job?
- Describe any experience you have had with Google Analytics
- Describe any experience you have had with a CRM system
- Briefly discuss your future career goals.
ATP Internship Program
The ATP training Program places a junior/senior at the ATP International Headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida for approximately 3 months, where the intern is exposed to a wide range of business activities. The intern will benefit from learning new skills and abilities which the intern can then apply in the course of his or her college coursework as well as observe and experience in a real world setting the application of his/her educational training and establish networking opportunities.
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
ATP will engage one intern at a time based on the following:
- Junior or senior in a university program, preferably but not required that the program be in a sports management/communications, marketing or business related program;
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent;
- Eligible to work in the United States; and
- While it is not a requirement that the intern receive college credit for the internship, we will be pleased to work with the candidate and the educational institution to facilitate credit for the program and we encourage applicants who must fulfill an internship requirement as part of their curriculum.
- Second language preferred;
- Strong research and communication skills; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
Applicants must submit their application, resume and answer a short question on www.teamworkonline.com.ATP will interview final candidates and select one candidate for the following periods:
Internship Periods & Deadlines
There are three opportunities available as follows:
1. January to April 2018
2. May to August 2018
3. September to December 2018
One candidate for each of the three trimesters will be selected at the end of the application process. The deadline for applying to any and all of the three trimesters is: October 18, 2017.
When you submit your application, please indicate for which trimester you would like to be considered. You may choose more than one trimester.
Equal opportunity laws apply to all internships. All applicants will be considered and engaged without regard to race, age, color, gender, ethnic group, national origin, religion, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.
DEPARTMENT ROTATION RESPONSIBILITIES
The objective is to expose the intern to a variety of tasks and areas within ATP. The intern will work on different projects with various departments. Some of the tasks could include but are not limited to:
Entry lists and player tracking
Maintenance of player documents and internal communications
Assist staff with special player projects
Assist with management of the Member Pension Plans
Gather missing information from participants
Organize player demographic data for insurance and other benefits
Internal records audit
PR & Communications
Assist in production of ATP Media notes and other publications
Help update player bio and profile information
Assist with digital products projects as need
Update ATP stats and data periodically
Quotes & news clippings
Event planning and documentation
Miscellaneous tournament and ATP projects
Other duties and rotations will be assigned as needed and based on intern’s interest and abilities.
Compensation details will be discussed with the final candidates. Interns will be paid at least the minimum wage required by law and the intern will be subject to the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act and other federal or state requirements. The intern is not entitled to ATP benefits, however all interns will be subject to ATP policies and workplace rules.
HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
Both housing and transportation are the intern’s responsibility. However, the ATP will assist the intern in finding short term housing.
The ATP can provide an internship invitation letter to applicant elected, but will not process student or work visas. International applicants should be responsible for process of their visas to be able to complete the time of the internship.
ATP Internship Program FAQ’s
Q. How much are interns paid?
A. Compensation details will be discussed with final applicants. The program pays at least minimum wage.
Q. Do I need to know how to play tennis?
A. No. This internship does not require tennis playing skills.
Q. How long are the internships?
A. The internship period is approximately 3 months.
Q. What are the interns working hours?
A. The daily office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m five days a week. Monday – Friday or Sunday – Thursday shifts. Flexible working schedule at night shifts or different days could be required.
Q. Do interns travel?
A. In general interns do not travel.
Q. What are some of the job responsibilities of interns?
A. Interns are given administrative level assignments and projects in different areas.
Q. Do I have to have a college degree to apply?
A. No, a 4-year degree from an accredited University is not necessary to apply for the internship. The specific college credit granted for the internship will depend upon your individual program.
Q. Is this internship only offered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida?
Q. How many interns are selected?
A. Each term, one intern is selected.
Q. Do interns get hired as full-time employees?
A. No. However, interns are encouraged to apply when a position opens. Some of the current employees have started as interns.
For International applicants:
Q. Can I obtain a U.S. visa with this Internship?
A. No. If selected, the ATP will issue an internship invitation letter, but this will not guarantee the success in obtaining a U.S. visa. All international applicants are responsible for their immigration status during the length of the internship.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?
- What is your cumulative GPA?
- In 300 words or less please discuss what you view as the single most important issue facing the ATP at this time
- Please list your preference for internship schedule (Jan-April); (May-August) or (September -December).