Marko Djokovic To Make ATP Debut in Bangkok
by ATP Staff|
Marko Djokovic, the younger brother of World No. 3 Novak, will make his ATP debut in Bangkok this week after receiving a wild card into the main draw of the Thailand Open.
The 17-year-old right-hander has been drawn to meet fifth-seeded Finn Jarkko Nieminen in the first round, while this season’s Australian Open champion Novak will compete against Julien Benneteau of France or a qualifier after receiving a first round bye.
Marko, currently No. 1734 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, has made three appearances on the ITF Futures circuit this year. In July, he received a wild card into the qualifying competition of the Studena Croatia Open Umag but lost in the first round to World No. 310 Italian Francesco Piccari in three sets.
- Watch Djokovic Spark Comeback Vs. Nadal In 2011 Miami Final
- Novak's Early Claim For Year-End No. 1 In Emirates ATP Rankings
- Brain Game: Djokovic Serves Up Clever Tactics For Victory
- Djokovic's Desert Dream: How The Indian Wells Final Was Won
- Match Vs Federer Is "The Ultimate Final" Says Djokovic
- Djokovic Blasts Murray To Return To Indian Wells Final