Marko Djokovic To Make ATP Debut in Bangkok
by ATP Staff|
Marko Djokovic, the younger brother of World No. 3 Novak, will make his ATP debut in Bangkok this week after receiving a wild card into the main draw of the Thailand Open.
The 17-year-old right-hander has been drawn to meet fifth-seeded Finn Jarkko Nieminen in the first round, while this season’s Australian Open champion Novak will compete against Julien Benneteau of France or a qualifier after receiving a first round bye.
Marko, currently No. 1734 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, has made three appearances on the ITF Futures circuit this year. In July, he received a wild card into the qualifying competition of the Studena Croatia Open Umag but lost in the first round to World No. 310 Italian Francesco Piccari in three sets.
- Djokovic Honoured By Fans With #NoleFamDay
- Djokovic Continues Masters 1000 Surge With Monte-Carlo Title
- Djokovic: "I Won This Match With My Heart And With Battle"
- Brain Game: Djokovic Tested By Berdych's Tactics
- Watch Monte-Carlo Hot Shot: Djokovic's Stellar Pass
- Djokovic Claims Blockbuster Battle For Final Berth