THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011
Falla, Clement, British Trio Awarded Wimbledon Wild Cards
by ATP Staff|
World No. 82 Falla memorably took Roger Federer to five sets in the first round last year. The 27-year-old Colombian, who recently reached the Roland Garros fourth round as a qualifier, will be making his seventh appearance at the All England Club
Clement, who made his championship debut in 1997, will be competing at the grass-court Grand Slam championship for the 15th time. The 33-year-old Frenchman's best results came in 2008, when he beat Jurgen Melzer and Marin Cilic en route to the quarter-finals (l. to Schuettler).
British No. 2 Ward has been awarded a wild card for the second time. In 2009, he lost to then-World No. 8 Fernando Verdasco in the first round. No. 3-ranked Cox, aged 20, has attempted to qualify for the Wimbledon main draw on three occasions. Evans, the 21-year-old British No. 4, lost to then-World No. 11 Nikolay Davydenko on his main draw debut in 2009.
Three more singles and two further doubles wild cards will be announced prior to the start of The Championships on 20 June.
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Djokovic: “Most Special Grand Slam Final I’ve Played”
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey
- Brain Game: Djokovic's Backhand Key To Wimbledon Win Over Federer