ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 5
Top Seeds Sa-Soares Upset In Vina QFs
by ATP Staff|
Soares had won the doubles title at this ATP World Tour 250 tournament last year with another countryman, Marcelo Melo. He was playing with Sa for the first time in tour-level main draw action, though the pair won three hard-court Challenger titles during the 2004-05 season.
Another new pairing, Joao Souza and Horacio Zeballos, also scored an upset in their quarter-final match, knocking out No. 2 seeds Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah 7-6(6), 2-6, 10-7 in one hour and 28 minutes.
At the Open Sud de France in Montpellier, third seeds Paul Hanley and Jamie Murray reached the final with a 6-3, 3-6, 10-5 victory over Dustin Brown and Lovro Zovko. Hanley and Murray joined forces at the start of the 2012 season, after previously teaming together for a pair of Challenger events in 2009.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect